Phone: (385) 292-3500

Driver’s License

Obtaining a Utah Driver's License

Students can drive for no more than six months after entering the United States, if they have a driver’s license from their country.
Students who apply for a driver’s license will need to present the following to the DMV/DLD.
Two forms of identification, one document proving legal status, one document proving Utah residency. Bring the following with you to the DMV:
  • Current I-20 in active status
  • Unexpired Passport and Visa
  • I-94
  • Two letters in the student name that verifies address (ex. bank statement, court documents, utility bill, school transcript, etc.)
  • Social Security card issued by the U.S. government that has been signed or a letter from the Social Security Administration indicating ineligibility to obtain a Social Security number because of their legal status.
For more information contact the local DMV.